Fudge Walnut Brownies, Joy The Baker-style

10/29/2014


Before I made my first ever brownies, lo and behold, I didn't like them. Shocking, I know. Maybe it's because the ones that I would get to try aren't really what I envision a brownie to taste like. But if somebody gives me a box of brownies you bet that I'd still eat them!



This particular one is by the amazing Joy The Baker. If you don't already adore her and her equally amazing recipes, then I have to ask you to please go and visit her website. It's pure baking heaven!


Speaking of heaven, I was browsing through Joy The Baker's recipes and I think I had every single one bookmarked (not; maybe only half) and with names like Old School Fudge Brownies with Walnuts I know I was in the right place.


On with the recipe!

Making brownies don't need any fancy ingredients!

I feel like preparing and measuring every ingredient before I whisk them one by one into a common bowl lessens the possible drama that may happen if I don't.

There's your sugar (there was quite a lot of it), vanilla extract (not yet measured), cocoa powder, flour with the baking powder and salt mixed already with it, two large eggs, butter, walnuts and dark chocolate chips (scattered tastefully for blogging purposes).


Combine the cocoa powder and butter into a bowl.

Now the instruction was to put it over simmering water but I didn't do that. I microwaved it for 20 seconds until the butter melted and added hot water instead and made...




A magical coco-licious paste! How I love making up words. Next!

I was pouring the sugar and taking pictures at the same time. Multitasking at its finest!
It's time to whisk the sugar with the eggs and even I get surprised with how much sugar is needed and used to create such delicious treats. 'Abigail, that's why it's a treat. It's supposed to be loaded with sugar'. Most of the time, I talk to myself too. Don't let me creep you out! We're moving on!



After whisking the sugar and eggs together, vanilla extract is added. Whisk again. Then add the coco-licious paste next. Whisk again and add the flour, baking powder and salt trio next.

Fold in walnuts. Don't use all of it! Or you can if you want to. 

Mother made a trip to Diagon Alley to get me this. HAHA.


Also it was mentioned there that chopped walnuts are needed but since my mother bought me a mortar and pestle I knew I had to use it because how cool is it to have your own mortar and pestle?! Super duper! I felt like a Hogwarts student; concocting a potion or something. Fellow Potterhead, anyone?

Pan ready? Check! More walnuts? Check! Dark chocolate chips? Check!


Pour the coco-licious brownie concoction sprinkled with more mortar-and-pestled walnuts and dark chocolate chips. Yum!

Bake for 18-25 minutes because Joy The Baker said so.

Fresh out the oven!

Your kitchen sure is smelling really nice by now.

Patience, my friend. You wouldn't want to slice through that warm, coco-licious, walnut-y goodness just yet!

But... I did. It was a fudge-y mess I have to say.


I totally do not excel in food styling. :(
Sadly, this post has to end because even I am shaking my head at how long this turned out.


Here! Have a warm, gooey, fudge-y brownie for sticking with me.

Adios! Til next time!

PS. If you want a professional and straight to the point with no dilly dallying, the link to Joy The Baker's recipe is here .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS