Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

11/17/2016

Yes, I know... another post about bananas.  

But!




It has been a long time since I last made banana muffins.  So I figured why not turn this (newly discovered) recipe for banana bread into muffins instead!

The reason why I decided to make this recipe into muffins is because I wanted to give some to friends.  I also thought 'portion control' would be easier.  But who's to say you can't eat two or three muffins in one sitting?!

No one.  Not when the muffins are this good.






Before I guide you to making these, I feel obliged to tell you that the bananas I used were the super duper ripe bananas.  As in the ones you wouldn't dare touch anymore.  Thank god I froze 'em!  I did let them thaw for sometime.  Thawing time depends on how humid your kitchen is!

On to the baking itself!

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
a double recipe made 23 muffins!

What you'll be needing:

Double recipe of My Frugal Adventure's Copycat Starbucks Banana Bread

1 cup of milk chocolate chips (dark would work, too!)


What you'll be doing:

Preheat oven to 220°C and line two 12-well cupcake tins with liners.  Make the batter following the instructions on the recipe link but adding the chocolate chips the same time you add the walnuts.  Fill each liner almost full; like a tablespoon away from completely filling the whole liner.  Before you put the tins in the oven, sprinkle some more chocolate chips and chopped walnut on top.  Press down a little so they don't fall off when the muffins rise.

Bake at 220°C for 6 minutes.

Then lower temperature to 180°C  and bake for 14 to 16 more minutes or until a toothpick/cake tester comes out with no wet batter but if it's a few moist crumbs, it's done.

Let cool in tins for 5 minutes before you devour one or two.

What?  You thought I was going to tell you to transfer them to wire racks to cool completely? Nope.  I'm not that friend.  😜

A few important notes!

Like always, no two ovens are the same.  Yours may run a little hotter and if it does and your muffins turn toasty on the tops and it's not fully baked yet, rip a piece of foil and lay atop the muffins and continue baking.

I also used light brown sugar and Greek yogurt in place of the sugar and buttermilk/milk in the recipe.

Most importantly, the bananas have to be beyond ripe.  






You know how bananas are green/yellow when you first buy them?  And then they turn brown and spotty and then black when you forget about them? Well, those are the bananas you want for these muffins.

Verdict?

Damn.  These were sooo good!  And I'll have you know that I'm the type of friend/baker who would (sometimes) bring whatever it is I baked/experimented to my friends and then interrogate them about it.  This particular banana muffin?  They all loved it.  I'm pretty sure there was no pressure and/or other influences involved in their opinions (it was my birthday week but ehh).

If you have yet to find a banana recipe that will wow you, give this one a shot will you?




Tell me how it goes!  Til the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS