Mocha Banana Muffins

1/18/2017

This one is supposed to be in loaf form.  But for some reason, muffins just seemed like a better idea.  That's why we have another banana muffin post up on here! 🙈




Prior to making these muffins, I actually made a batch of mocha cupcakes for my best friend's mom.  And since then I couldn't shrug the need to bake another mocha flavored anything so when I chanced upon this 'mocha banana bread' from Tutti Dolci, I knew it had to be done.  Asap.





And on another banana bread recipe, it was written that all banana bread should be eaten the day after it is made.  There's absolutely not a thing stopping you from eating the day you make it, but really, it just tastes more banana-y if you let it sit.

So let's make this delicious mocha banana bread into muffins?


Mocha Banana Muffins
made 12 high-domed muffins!


What you'll be needing:

A single recipe of Tutti Dolci's Mocha Banana Bread*


What you'll be doing:

Like how I always bake any muffins...

Preheat your oven to 220°C and line a 12-well cupcake tin with liners; set aside.

Prepare batter as directed in the link.  Scoop batter into liners filling each almost full** (like a tablespoon away from being completely filled).

Bake at 220°C for 6 minutes.

Lower temperature to 180°C and bake for 14-16 more minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out with no wet batter and moist crumbs.

Like always, you can let them cool or you can enjoy right away; steaming hot.  😎

A few notes!

* I actually ran 2 tablespoons short of honey, so I added 2 tablespoons of brown sugar instead.  Also, the Greek yogurt I had was a few teaspoons short, so I poured some fresh milk into the cup until it measured exactly the half cup needed.  And last change I made!  I dissolved the instant coffee in hot brewed coffee instead of just plain hot water.

** Truth be told, at least two muffins may have been overfilled because they oozed out of their cases/liners.




You know how there's just a freaking ton of banana bread recipes out there?  And how each just promises to be 'the one'?  And how it just proves a little difficult to settle for a recipe to try out?

Friend, have faith and try this one, will you?

Rich mocha and banana-y with bits of melty chocolate chips in each muffin?  Now that should be enough selling point for anybody.

Tell me how it goes when you try it!  Til the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS