Apple Cinnamon Streusel Muffins

10/18/2015

By the time you see this, you may have already seen a ton of apple recipes.

As long as I can remember, the Internet never fails to deliver a supply of every recipe imaginable using the famed shiny red fruit come this time of the year.  Right?!




So if you don't routinely make anything with apples during this magical month, let's both join the apple party together!

I must inform you first that I have never had an apple muffin in my entire life until this day...well, as far as I can remember that is.  So you can say that I've been missing out!  You haven't had any as well? Don't worry, you can change that today!






Like I always reiterate in possibly all of my posts when you go searching for a recipe, in this case for apple muffins, the Internet won't be greedy.  In fact it will be so generous it will actually give you quite a tough time trying to decide which among the thousands you should pick.

But that's why I'm here.  I did the picking for you so all you have to do is to gather the ingredients and get baking!

This 'Apple Cinnamon Muffins' recipe is created by Laura Vitale and you know deep in your little baker heart that it's going to be terrific.  These muffins are.  Because it's by Laura and everything she makes is delicious (fact!).




Pictured above are Gala apples which are included in The Kitchn's 'The Best Apples for Baking' list.  Choose any kind that you can easily acquire and/or prefer.  When I made these muffins, I made a few changes:  I used 1 and 1/2 cups of peeled and chopped apples (Laura grated hers but you can do either) and used light brown sugar (Laura used granulated sugar) instead.  I hope she doesn't mind but there's one more thing...the streusel.




As you may have seen more clearly in the beginning of this post, there are oats peeking through the surface of each muffin.  Cut to the chase and I'm just going to say that I used a different streusel recipe.  Sorry, Laura V.!  On this post is where the 'Oatmeal Streusel Topping' recipe I used is and also on this post, a magic trick is disclosed.   Read the whole thing!





Look at those beautiful chunks of apple!  

I have a question for you: Do you use a utensil when eating a muffin?  Or do you just go for it and take hearty (or dainty) bites?  My mother is the former while I am either.  It depends on my whereabouts but you bet I'll eat these with my hands at home.  Not so proper and ladylike, huh?  Just think of one less object to clean afterwards!  Isn't that more appealing?  Plus you really wouldn't even mind because these muffins are so. damn. good.

The muffin itself, when you envision it plain and apple-less, is soft, not sweet and basically just lovely.  Then when you take a bite the streusel on top will provide a pleasant crunch and there are the chunks of apple.  Just the right dose of sweetness and firmness which perfectly compliments the muffin.  I now understand why every October everyone goes gaga for apple muffins (among the many other Fall recipes).




I hope this easy yet delicious apple muffins with oat streusel still make it to your schedule and oven before the month ends!

Tell me how it goes and if you enjoyed these with or without any assistance from a fork! :D

Til the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS