S'mores Cupcakes

12/04/2015

My friend, can you actually believe it's already December?  Can you? Can you?  Because I can't.

This year is like the one sports car whizzing past all the other cars on the highway, leaving all the other cars behind.  That is if it isn't bumper-to-bumper traffic.

I can go on and on about how I'm still in disbelief that we're only a few more weeks until the new year (!!!), but we have something to discuss.




Yes.  That.

I read somewhere that it was the Girl Scouts who invented s'mores.   Sadly, I don't remember which blog I read that from but regardless of its origins, s'mores are a gift to us all.

Yes or yaaas?!




Everyone has incorporated every component of s'mores to make different kinds of dessert, but I think everyone's fascination with s'mores started with just three simple ingredients: graham crackers, milk chocolate and marshmallows.  

I would like to shake hands with that Girl Scout (or whoever the rightful s'more inventor is) who came up with the brilliant idea about using those three ingredients together.  Because then, who knew, right?






And to the person who thought about making a cupcake version, maraming salamat.

In Pastry Affair's s'more cupcakes you have four varying layers:  at the very bottom is the graham cracker crust then the moist, chocolaty cupcake itself then a generous dollop of ganache (I used dark chocolate!) and at the very top, a crown of marshmallow frosting (this one has been tried, tested and loved!).

The aroma of the graham cracker mixed with melted butter will make you think of all the cuddly things in the world!

Admittedly, s'more cupcakes and every other that isn't just the three main s'more ingredients, involve more work which also translates to even more dishes to clean afterwards which is a situation nobody welcomes ever.  But despair not for there are delicious cupcakes to accompany you as you unwind after tidying up!




If you're ready to branch out and try s'mores in other forms, these cupcakes are waiting for you!  Or try these shortbread ones or have the plain old cracker-chocolate-marshmallow kind!




Whichever version you choose, I'd love to hear all about it.  Leave me a comment!

Til the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS