Simple Buttermilk Pancakes with Homemade Brown Sugar Syrup

10/04/2015

I almost always opt for breakfast food whenever we eat out.  I just can't help myself!  I am definitely a loyal member of the breakfast foodie club*.

How about you?




Sure, I'd order pasta or something else that isn't under the 'breakfast' category sometimes.  Ask my mom, I always order breakfast even if it is lunch or dinnertime!


*I don't know if such a thing exists.  I haven't done any research.  But I know there are others out there who are passionate about breakfast food, too.  Yes?!

This post won't be as lengthy as per usual.

This post is for those mornings when you want good home-cooked pancakes.  I have nothing against boxed mixes of any kind, but sometimes you just have to start from scratch with certain staple recipes.  Like pancakes.






And you might just discover your new favorite pancake to cook for the family.  Or for yourself.  I totally get you.

I've eaten my fair share of boxed-mix pancakes but none of them were as soft and a delight to eat like these simple homemade pancakes.

I know they're just pancakes but they are so good!  And if you're wondering, nope, I didn't burn the pancakes.  I may have slightly toasted the butter used for greasing the pan hence the toasty edges.  But I prefer them that way.




And if you find that there's no maple syrup around to drown your pancakes (or sorrows) in, make your own.  Not maple flavored, though.  But a great enough substitute!

Actually you can add a few drops of maple extract or whatever you fancy.  I added some vanilla in mine!




My mom suggests you add less water because mine turned out runny and not the consistency of pancake syrup I'm used to.  But the syrup tastes amazing!

And can I just say that without a tripod and being a one-woman blog, taking a picture with one hand while trying to pour (not spill) the syrup with the other is one tricky task.

Every shot taken was blurry.  Is it time to acquire a tripod?  In the future, I'll redo this shot and it won't be this blurry anymore.  Do you own a tripod?  How's it working for you?

Let me know what you think when you make these pancakes and syrup!

Til the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS