Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

7/08/2015

Today I bring you something healthy (ish) but still is a treat because... it's packed with butter!

Why'd I say healthy? Well, these cookies are packed with oats and raisins, too!




But did I say these are also packed with butter? Not that I have an issue with butter because butter makes everything better! (!!!)

I actually baked a different kind of oatmeal cookies, you know, before this one.

They were the 'Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies' from Sally McKenney's book, Sally's Baking Addiction.




But these cookies from Sally's blog require old fashioned rolled oats and raisins instead!

Not gonna lie but I'm not the biggest fan of either on their own.

For example, if you give me a pack of raisins to snack on? They better be covered in chocolate.




But the two together? And in cookie form? Yes, please!

Oh and another thing!

The recipe asks for brown sugar but my mom insisted that I use muscovado sugar instead and I did.  The result? Cookies so light, soft, not too sweet but still delicious!

And I also subbed dark corn syrup for the molasses because that is what I have on hand.




I think these would be great as a before or after or during workout snack.  Or even when you're just planning on working out or not at all.  Hey, it's totally fine!

So get baking and enjoy these 'Soft and Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies'!

Til the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS