Cinnamon Roll Bread

10/11/2015


When I began baking, all I envisioned making were cookies, cupcakes, brownies and cakes...nothing too fancy.




And I never thought about making bread.

I felt like bread-making is only for those in level 500 of baking.  I felt like only those who can bake even with closed eyes and solely rely on their recipe-laden brains can make bread.

It never occurred to me that I, too, can or at least try to.  Right?

Honestly, what put me off bread-making is yeast.  Oh, also the part when you knead the dough.

So let's talk about yeast first.  Little did I know that where I live, we can only get the instant kind.  Instant yeast doesn't require the 'just warm enough water and a little sugar then let it get poofy' sitch which the other kind (active dry) does.  How about there in your area?  Are both kinds available?






But most recipes I've encountered on the Web use the active dry one.  But I found out that you can use one in place of the other.  If you're still a bit hesitant, read up on this short but helpful article from The Kitchn.

If you still aren't that certain, you can ask the person who posted the recipe and wait for their response.  Or you can do what I did and go through the comments section and chances are you'll find what you're looking for.  If not then you can wait for the author's answer or...




Just go ahead and use instant yeast in place of active dry and 'see what happens'.  At least that's what my baker friend (whom I think is nearing level 500 of baking) told me to do.

I did and everything went well.  Whew!




Now that we're okay with the yeast bit, let's talk about kneading.  If, like me, you have no prior experience in making bread, the thought of kneading may scare you.  Because let's be real, how exactly do you knead dough?!




I'm not going to try and explain for I might just confuse you further.  So here are how-to's from All Recipes and King Arthur Flour!

After kneading for the first time ever, I just laughed at myself because where on Earth did I get the idea that kneading dough is difficult?  It isn't.  In fact, it is enjoyable and you could lose track of time while you're at it.  Have you kneaded dough before?  It's fun, isn't it!






So are you prepared to make your first ever bread?  Or if this isn't your first yeast bread, are you prepared for your entire house to smell so wonderful and what cinnamon paradise would've smelled like?

The talented Tieghan shared her 'Overnight Pull-Apart Brioche Cinnamon Roll Bread' recipe and not going to deny but upon seeing that post for the first time, it changed my baking goals.  It made me say 'one day, I'm going to make this.  I'm going to make this bread.'.

Go on, read her post and tell me it motivated you to finally make bread.  If you've thought about it but keep on delaying, let me convince you to just push through with it.  Today.  Later.  Now!




Why delay the chance of witnessing the magic of bread-making?  Today is your chance to make this!

The bread is absolutely fantastic.  Let me say that again.  

The bread is fantastic!  

And it smells amazing, too.  If you want everyone to have a great start in their day, bake this for them.

Soft buttery dough, heavenly cinnamon filling and just the satisfaction that you made this bread. Level 500 or not, you can make bread.

Let me know how yours goes if you decide to make this cinnamon roll bread!

Til the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS