Salted Double Chocolate Caramel Cookie

5/09/2016

Since Adele's 'Hello' came out, I can't help the strong urge to start every post with "hello, it's me".  So...




Hello, it's me.  With no copyright or infringement whatever intended.  I love you, Adele! Keep on blessing us with more heart-wrenching, emotion-busting anthems that we all will sing along to for years and years.


Speaking of heart-wrenching and emotion-busting; baking fails.  Major baking fails.  And what perfect time for a grand baking fail to happen than during Christmas season!




I know it has already been many months since then but good golly!  What happened was I wanted to surprise my friends with edible gifts so I decided to bake cookies for them.  I chose 4 or 5 different cookie recipes and I envisioned how amazing the cookies will be, how I'll package them nicely and whatnot.

You guessed it; the exact opposite was what happened.  Oh, how frustrated I was!  The cookies were either too soft or too crispy, too thick or too thin that they stuck to the pan and became one whole piece of cookie!






'What went wrong, exactly?'

Well up to now I still don't have an answer.  All I know is that incident sure did discourage me from baking.  But a month or so later without baking, I started to miss it.  But the grand holiday cookie fail was still lingering at the back of my mind.  So I turned to a recipe which I knew won't ever fail me no matter what.  This carrot cake is something you should give a go if you haven't already.  It's so good. So, so, so good!




But I was craving for cookies and I didn't want any factory-made cookie.  I want homemade ones.  Sometimes, even in baking, you just have to keep on trying despite having gone through bad batches after batches of cookies, right?  Deb's 'Salted Chocolate Chunk Cookies' were the choice to ease me through cookie baking once more.

And damn.  These cookies were good!




We had a bar of caramel-filled chocolate and it was looking so lonely in the fridge so I chopped it up and threw it in the cookie batter.  And a good amount of dark chocolate chunks were mixed in, too!  Just don't forget to sprinkle salt on each cookie dough before placing them in the oven, 'kay?  I only used our trusty pink salt and it tasted delicious.  But if you can get your hands on flaky sea salt, much better!




Now I'm going to make a huge claim:  these cookies are what's missing in your arsenal, fellow baker.  A crunchy exterior and chewy, soft but not cakey interior are what my ideal cookie should possess.  This one has both.  And more.




Eh, I may be a huge Smitten Kitchen fan, but really whatever it is that you're supposed to be doing...well, go finish that first.  Then look up these amazing cookies and get baking.  You're welcome.

Til the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS