Cinnamon Rolls, The Quick & Easy

11/29/2016

I have only worked with yeast twice; first time ever, for this pull apart and on these raisin rolls last.  Both instances resulted in unpleasantly tough bread and really I was already put off from trying any other recipe that involves yeast.

But I love cinnamon rolls and bread in general.

And I really, really, REALLY want to make them at home.




And I guess the third time really is the charm!




Okay, I know those are burnt but they didn't taste burnt?  What am I saying?  They look and are burnt, but they aren't and don't taste charred.  Since I may or may not make any sense, all that matters is, finally, these rolls came out really good and soft (yes, despite being/looking burnt).






I feel like this could be the recipe to try if it's your first time ever dealing with yeast and bread-making.  Just follow the instructions to the t to The Recipe Critic's 'Quick and Easy Cinnamon Rolls' and you're good!  Make sure you be generous with the cinnamon and to roll the dough as tight as you can manage!

So how did mine turn out?  Again, despite the beyond browned/toasted (fine, charred) tops, the bread itself remained soft BUT didn't taste as buttery and cinnamon-y as I liked.  That's why it's crucial to roll tightly before slicing the dough into rolls.  But despite that, these tasted like your typical dinner rolls with a hint of cinnamon sugar which is always a good thing.

Icing is totally optional in my opinion!  Tell me how your bread-making goes!

Til the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS