Double Chocolate Macadamia Brownies

9/30/2016

...and a variety of sprinkles on the top for aesthetic purposes only (let's be real here).




So, hello.  Here I am again, unable to start a blog post despite doing this blogging thing for years now.
If you follow me on Instagram and saw my post regarding the nutty chocolaty cookies (my previous entry!) , I whined about the lack of blogging activity in my life.  I would bake, yes, but using recipes which have already been featured here and I just can't seem to get myself to try new ones and find the zeal to take photos and style food!

*Insert the saddest and most frustrated emoji here (if there is one)*

I think it's mainly because I let laziness take over.  Or maybe because it's just too damn hot in our kitchen and when it's time to take pictures, the sun has already set and I'm telling you I've had enough of shooting using fluorescent light.




Which is why this post only contains so little snaps and that is also why I busted out the sprinkles and made good use of 'em.  Know already you won't be able to take that many shots?  Sprinkles.  Let.  It.  Rain!

So this brownie recipe?  It's a new one; that's why this post is born.  I've realized that brownies are the easiest to make because all you do really is make the batter, dump said batter into the pan, bake it and wait.  That's it!

This brownie mix recipe from I Am Baker requires only the most basic of ingredients.  This is a recipe for those days when you want a damn good brownie but can't be bothered to make a trip to the grocery to get some fancy semi or unsweetened or whatever percent of chocolate.

And your girl sure did go a little nuts (hehe) and decided to add about a 1/3 cup of pre-roasted and chopped macadamia to the batter as well as the top.  But no, we won't stop there; I decided to add about a heaping 1/3 cup of chopped milk chocolate, too (to the batter and top again)!  I don't think anyone would complain about a little extra chocolate in their brownie now, no? 😇

Of course, the sprinkles are optional.  But really?  My opinion?  Go ahead! Bring some color to these brownies!






Verdict?  Every home baked anything tastes absolute heaven when it's warm.  A little secret?  I cut these up in squares and wrapped everything in cling wrap, chucked the whole thing inside a zip loc and put it in the fridge after it has completely cooled.  The following day, what we got were just-the-right-amount-of-fudgy brownie in each bite.  Yum!

You could definitely add whatever you fancy like dried cranberries or walnuts!  Or keep it plain but eat it with ice cream!  Whatever you decide to add in to the batter, it'd taste just as great, I know it.

Hope you'll enjoy this brownie as much as we did!

Til the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS