Nutty Dark Chocolate Cookies with Cranberries

9/23/2016

Before I bake anything, I write down the recipe on a notebook first and then triple check if I have copied everything.  Not gonna lie but I'm guilty of skipping an ingredient or procedure when I was just starting with baking.  But truth be told the same thing still happens to me to this day!

Have you ever caught yourself missing an ingredient when you've already placed everything in the oven?




I know.  Such a catastrophe, right?  I baked a banana cake once...and forgot about the sugar.

Hey! Don't look at me like that!  Even I was astounded as to how I could possibly forget to add sugar.  I mean of all the ingredients!

Anyway.

We are moving on.  I have moved on from that hilarious incident.  'kay!?  So these cookies!

Started with this recipe from Brooklyn Homemaker but ended up with this one from Liv for Cake.  For some reason I couldn't find a recipe that has cranberries, nuts, chocolate and espresso in it.  Is that too much for a single cookie recipe?  No?  RIGHT?!

What did I do then?  Followed Liv's recipe but added dried cranberries, pistachios, macadamia nuts and walnuts (all toasted beforehand!) to the batter.

Oh, and I decided to brown the 1 stick of butter, too!






So despite all the things that comprise this cookie, I was a bit unhappy.  A fudgy, chocolaty and espresso-ey cookie was what I was expecting but I only got somewhat fudgy and chocolaty but definitely not espresso-ey.  Not even a word, I'm aware, but you get what I mean.

Maybe because I browned the butter?  But isn't that supposed to make everything even way better and delicious?

Don't tell me it's the copious amount of nuts I chucked into the batter!

Or is it because I let the cookie dough sit in the fridge for more than 24 hours?  Or because the chocolate I used is not a fancy, pricey one?

Well...we may never know why but if you've tried the recipe before, I'd like to know the outcome of your cookies.

Have a safe, enjoyable, warm and cozy day!

Til the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS