Cashew Nut Banana Bread

8/22/2015

On this dreary day I type this post about a simple bread.

Seriously, the sky is nothing but gray!  But a little rain is very much welcome because it sure is humid in here.

And if it does rain, I'm all set because of this banana bread.




It is the best!


I know what you're thinking and it sure is a huge claim.

When something is named the 'best ever banana bread', one who has yet to try said bread will say 'Yeah, right'.

But there really is only one way to find out if it is true; try it.  And I did.




But as I was rereading the recipe I thought I'd change a few things and hope it works out!

So this is what food bloggers label as an 'adapted' recipe, right?




Let's continue to the (adapted) recipe, shall we?


Cashew Nut Banana Bread

Recipe adapted from Taste of Home


What you'll be needing:

1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour

1 1/4 cup dark brown sugar*

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 eggs

a heaping cup of ripe bananas, mashed*

1/2 cup canola oil

1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt*

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

1/3 cup cashews*, chopped and toasted


What you'll be doing:

Preheat your oven to 170ºC and proceed to chop the nuts however you prefer them (roughly or finely).  Place chopped nuts on a cookie sheet and toast in the oven for about 7-10 minutes and/or until slightly golden and fragrant.  Keep your eye on them!  Once done, set aside.

Prepare loaf pans (I used a non-stick spray) and set aside.  For this recipe I decided to use three small ones* (7-inch x 3-inch loaf pans).

In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking soda and salt) and set aside.

In a separate bowl, whisk all the wet ingredients (eggs, bananas, canola oil, yogurt and vanilla) together.

Slowly add the dry to the wet, mixing gently.  Fold in nuts; don't overdo the mixing!

Divide batter into your prepared pans and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaves comes out crumb-free!

Let stand in pans for 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely.


* The ones with asterisks are the changes I made from the original recipe which requires plain sugar, a cup of mashed ripe bananas, buttermilk, a cup of nuts and a 9-inch x 5-inch loaf pan.







I can't speak for the original but this one I made turned out great!  The taste of bananas is there but not overpowering, the texture of the bread itself is soft with a hint of slight crunch from the cashews.

Thank you, Banana Bread Angels!

And can I make another claim?  This is by far my favorite banana bread I have ever made!!!  Sure, this double chocolate one is great and this Nutella-filled one is amazing but if someone was to ask me which one they should try first, I'd recommend this one right here.

Oh and did I tell you this one is a no-mixer recipe? Yes, there's just no way you can't adore this!




Next time you have overripe bananas, remember this recipe and if you decide to make it, tell me about it!

Til the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS